The application for the 2016 Point Foundation Scholarship is now open. Point Foundation (Point) is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit. Point promotes change through scholarship funding, mentorship, leadership development and community service training. The scholarship application for 2016-17 academic year is open from Nov 1, 2015 until Jan. 19, 2016 on the Point Foundation website.
Since 2001, Point Foundation has awarded 326 scholarships to LGBTQ students at colleges and universities across the country. Our efforts have been successful because of our commitment to working with the community and because of our many partners who have connected their constituents to Point’s opportunities. We humbly ask that you share this information with your own constituents, friends, and partners, so that we can collectively work towards the betterment of the LGBTQ community and give young students an opportunity that may change their lives.
Applicants must be
- Enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States in the fall of 2016.
- Enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/doctoral program.
- At least a senior in high school.
- “Out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
[button color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#129fc8″ type=”medium” url=”https://www.pointfoundation.org/point-apply/apply-now/” ]Application Page[/button]