The Center for Black Equity seeks a part time digital media program assistant to support content development and research as well as digital media production. This opportunity is available immediately. Work will be remote and supporting all CBE activity.
This is a great opportunity for those passionate about equity for Black people in America, human rights and helping others elevate their voices.
The program assistant is a valuable member of the CBE team and serves in the essential role of assisting with the digital media presence of the CBE. The program assistant will create rich, dynamic content tailored to the Black LGBTQ+ community.
Under the direction of the director of administration, the program will:
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends;
- Create engaging text, image and video content;
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new projects and initiatives;
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO;
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness;
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries;
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics;
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout; and
- Suggest new ways to attract followers and influencers, like promotions and competitions.
Additionally, the program assistant will perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
The role requires excellent coordination, organization, and written and oral communication skills, including a strong phone presence. Ability to work independently, take initiative and be productive with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment on several projects at a time is necessary.
The ideal candidate will also be detail oriented with strong customer service and interpersonal skills and have a high level of self-confidence and enthusiasm, as well as proficiency with virtual communication platforms. A self-starter who is flexible to changing priorities, adaptable to new systems and able to interact professionally and diplomatically with CBE staff, sponsors, vendors and external entities is preferred. Strong computer skills including proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
- At least two (2) years of experience in social media/marketing/promotions.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube or Vimeo.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Experience with contributing to website design or redesign projects.
- Experience with audience research.
- Creative Cloud applications, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus.
Evening and weekend work required as event, program and activity needs dictate.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. CBE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
Email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and the name of two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be acknowledged. No phone calls, please.