Join the Center for Black Equity for the opportunity to be a part of history. We deserve equality and we deserve to be heard. The Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) is in front of Congress again; let your voice be heard.
The Facts about LGBT employment…
- 29 states can legally fire an employee just on the basis of identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual.
- 33 states can legally fire an employee just on the basis of identifying as transgender.
The Facts about ENDA…
- ENDA was first introduced to Congress in 1994 with a purpose of employment protection for lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals.
- Gender identity and transgender protections were added to the bill in 2008.
- The current version of ENDA in Congressional consideration would prohibit private employers with more than 15 employees from engaging in discriminatory acts against employees who are LGBT-identified.
- Small businesses (less than 15 employees), religious organizations, and the military are exempt from ENDA.
- On April 25, 2013, ENDA was referred to the Senate Floor after being defeated 18 times and 3 referrals.
Why is ENDA important to YOU? Share your story!
Submit a response of 250 words of less to the three questions below and clear photo (.jpeg format) Please submit to Michael Hinson at email@example.com no later than Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013.*
- How do you self-identify?
- How has workplace discrimination affected you?
- What does passing ENDA mean to you?
*Submission of materials authorizes the Center for Black Equity (CBE) to use, reproduce, and/or publish all written and/or visual materials, including photographs and/or video submitted that may pertain to the submitter. Submitter’s understand that this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, recruitment materials or for other related endeavors.
This material may also appear on the CBE’s internet Web pages, Facebook, Twitter and/or other social media outlets. Submitter’s waive all rights to ownership of any written materials, photographs, slides, video and audio in which the submitter appears, including any right submitters may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the editorial layout that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
Submitters must be at least 18 years of age and have the right to contract in my one’s own name. Submitters also must agree to have read the above and fully understand the contents. This release shall be binding upon the submitter and thier heirs and legal representatives.
This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by my specific rescission of this authorization.
Consequently, CBE may publish materials, use my name, any written materials, photographs, slides, video, and audio and/or make reference to me in any manner that CBE deems appropriate in order to promote/publicize service opportunities.