The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association announced today the new appointments to its 2017-2018 board of directors, a group thatcincludes LGBTQ business leaders from Canada, Colombia, the U.K. and the U.S.
The new IGLTA board members are:
- Felipe Cardenas, Bogota – Co-Founder/CEO, Colombian LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Earl Fowlkes, Washington, DC – President/CEO, Center for Black Equity
- Uwern Jong, London – Editor in Chief, OutThere Publishing
- Richard Krieger, New York – President, PrideWorld/The Isramworld Portfolio of Brands
- Steven Larkin, Toronto – Director of Sales, Canada, Delta Air Lines
- Don Skeoch, Los Angeles – Chief Marketing Officer, LA Tourism & Convention Board
Richard Gray, Managing Director for the LGBTQ Market, Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau; Juan Julia, founder/president of Barcelona-based Axel Hotels; and Jon Munoz, Senior Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion, Hilton, were each reappointed for another two-year term.
The new board takes effect at the end of the board meeting prior to IGLTA’s 34th Annual Global Convention in St. Petersburg, Fla, May 4–6. In addition to the nine appointments, the returning board members are Shiho Ikeuchi, Hotel Granvia Kyoto; Dan Melesurgo, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Society of Association Executives (ASAE); and Chris Stanley, Corporate and Incentive Sales Account Director, Silversea Cruises. John Tanzella, IGLTA President/CEO, holds a non-voting seat on the board.
The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association is the leading member-based global organization dedicated to LGBT tourism and a proud Affiliate Member of the United Nations World Tourism Organization. IGLTA’s mission is to provide information and resources for LGBT travelers and expand LGBT tourism globally by demonstrating its significant social and economic impact. The association also is a proud supporter of ECPAT’s Tourism Child Protection Code of Conduct to prevent child exploitation. IGLTA membership includes LGBT and LGBT-friendly accommodations, destinations, service providers, travel agents, tour operators, events and travel media in more than 70 countries. For more information visit iglta.org.